This is a post that is very near and dear to me. I can barely put into words everything I want to express here. On April 30, 2010 I will be a college graduate from Utah Valley University. This has been the hardest and greatest accomplishment thus far in my life! Lots of stress, tears, support, money, and much more has gone into this. This will be a very bittersweet moment for me. I love learning but hate homework! I want to take the time right now to tell those around me how grateful I am for everything. I am first thankful to my friends. I have made some great friends in my major and am happy to be graduating with most of them. It’s nice when you miss class or don’t understand something that I can call one of these friends and they can help me understand and know the information I have missed. Also they sure help the time in my boring classes go by fast! I will never forget these friends and can’t wait to continue friendships with them after graduation. Next I want to thank the rest of my friends in my life. There are many of you as I have been very blessed in this aspect of my life! Thank you all for supporting me and cheering me on. There are many days I call one of my friends and complain about a teacher or an assignment and they always know the right things to say to help me get through. My biggest thanks go out to my family. I have the greatest extended family anyone could ask for. You all know who you are. Many of them have helped me work on projects or have given me money to help buy books. I know they are proud of me and that they would always be there to do anything I needed help on. My grandparents have always told me if I ever needed money they would pay for anything and I know they truly would. I am so thankful to my grandpa for all the blessings he has given me over the last four years of my schooling. To my nephews and niece thank you for always making me smile and take a break from my studies. They are the cutest kids alive and always make sure I am included in the fun things they do. They have helped keep me sane while going to school. To my brother Jared thanks for always telling me I am smart and for your encouragement. Also thanks for being silly and bringing a smile to my face when I am working on homework. Jeffy, thanks for being my right hand man when it comes to computers. I do not know how I would have made it through school without all your great knowledge about electronics. Thank you also for giving me blessings many times when I have needed it. To my dad, thank you for working so hard and helping me pay for my schooling so I would not have a large loan when I graduate. Thanks for all the teasing and comments about being a “Drama Queen” I am good at it! J But guess what your “Drama Queen” is about to be a college graduate. Of course all of these family members have supported me and cheered me on and given me so much love to make it through this. Thank you to all of you and I love you so much I really can’t even begin to tell you. There are two very important people left. I left them to last because it is hard to put into words how much these two mean to me and how much they have helped me through everything. First is my sister Heather. This last semester I have not been working as I have had an unpaid internship. My sister has found a way for me to earn money from her. She lets me clean her house once a week for money. I know that she is very capable of doing this and is only doing this because she knows how much I need the money. Also she is always paying for my lunch and offering to buy me things. (Thanks to Jeff too because I know this is his money too J ha) Also she is always checking on me to see how an assignment is going and if she can help with anything. Whenever I do well or poorly on a test or assignment she is right there comforting me or taking me out to celebrate. My sister is such an amazing person and I want her to know how grateful I am for our relationship and everything she does for me. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH HEATHER! Lastly is my Mommy! This is the most selfless person I know and I would not have made it through college without her. We joke that she deserves to graduate with me! She is my number one cheerleader. She has to deal with me when I am mad or angry or upset and in tears. She gets to help me calm down when I am so stressed. She is very proud of me though and always lets me know it. She also takes me out to special dinners or buys me things to show me how proud she is or to cheer me up when I have done poorly on something. She is ALWAYS willing to try and help me out when I can’t find something for a test or assignment. She lets me practice speeches or presentations on her. She has spent lots of money on me helping me buy books or parking passes and whatever else I need. (Like cute new school clothes) I am a slow reader and she is always offering to read to me to help me get through a book faster. She has spent countless hours reading through ALL of my papers in the last four years correcting spelling and grammar errors. (I know mom there are probably plenty in this blog post but I didn’t want you to read it tell it was posted J ) There is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much this amazing women has done for me that I just can’t even begin to explain. Mom I took my last test today and typed my last paper. WE ARE DONE!!!!! UVU CLASS OF 2010 HERE I COME!!!!! I will miss all of these special times with you though. But we will have new adventures to go on. THANK YOU THANK YOU Mom for everything. I really can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am for you and how much I think of you. You are my guardian angel! I love you so much and am so glad that you are my mom!
Thanks again to everyone it is because of all of you that I have become the woman I am and that I am about to accomplish one of my greatest dreams of becoming a college graduate! I love you all very very much!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh tiffy.... sweetness. I'm so proud of you! what an AWESOME accomplishment!!! you are such a wonderful girly and I love you!
Thanks Tiffy Girl, I can't tell you how very proud of you I am! Just ask anyone that I talk to because all I do is brag about my awesome sister who is graduating cum laude from UVU! And I love spending time with you, remember that assignment where you had to video interview me... he he how many takes did we need? And I completly agree with everything you said about mom, she is the best most selfless person! I am SUPER excited for you to finish and I'm SUPER DUPER excited to get to spend some quality time with you this summer! I love your guts!
Congrats on being done, tiffy!! Yay!!!
Hey Tiff where you said, "I don't want you to read this tell I posted it."Um. . .it's "until" not "tell!" :) Just had to get in one more correction. ha, ha Thanks you so much for the nice tribute! You are so awesome and I am so proud of you! I am glad that you and I can both relax now and enjoy some fun times togehter. The college bonding experiences were fun times that I will always cherish though. Oh yes, that video interview with Heather was one of the big highlights. . .was it take 1000 or 1001 that we finally wrapped it? Silly girls!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I will be so proud to see you walk across that UVU stage in your cap and gown. Congratulations you smarty pants. . .I love your stinkin guts!!!
Love, Mom xoxoxoxo
Way to go Tiff!! It's so awesome that you are graduating! That is such a huge accomplishment and shows so much dedication and hard work, you did it! I hope graduation day is perfect. So proud of you and that was such a sweet post. You are awesome!
Yeah for Tiff!!! You are sooooo amazing and I love you soooo much!! What a beautiful women you have become!! :) Congratulations!
Post a Comment